Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow--another epiphany!

Howdy---do you love epiphanies as much as I do? the one I had this morning was a result of getting coached by a fellow student. I was talking to her about getting out and going for a walk sooner in the day than later (or not at all). I was not feeling the shift but then she said to me,
"you are so intuitive and so in touch with your soul, Elizabeth" and bingo, I got it. I got what I have been working on in other parts of my life and that is dropping the judgments, dropping the shoulds, dropping the shame of not doing something.

Yeah! I got it about my extra weight; that what I need to do for myself is love myself completely, absolutely, profoundly, unconditionally. (this includes my tummy, by the way.) I got it last week about my complexion and the crazy skin eruptions that I have been subject to for the last year. I love my tummy, I love my weight, I love my skin, love love love like a lovely cozy blanket all over me!

I have been hearing in these last couple of years that it is time for me to relax a little, quit being so hard on myself, enjoy everything, be here now (heard that before, eh?), drop the shoulds, self love diet, self love diet, self love diet. Well this morning it was clear that I had another agenda around what I SHOULD do for myself and that was take a walk every day. I actually really like doing this. I want to do this. Was I acting out of love or happiness or joy? NO!! I was acting out of should, must, have to, I will not be a good person unless I go for that walk, I am shameful if I don't go on that walk. If I don't go I am not GOOD ENOUGH!

Done. Over. Another piece in the pie that is me. Thank you for saying the right thing, Coach. Thanks to Source Energy for giving this epiphany. Thanks to myself for listening and getting it. I live in gratitude. I am so blessed! AND guess what? I will probably go for more walks as this sinks in that I deserve to have this joy. I get to treat myself to walks.

Keep those epiphanies coming!

love to you all,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! I love it!!! This is exactly where I am right now! Thank you for sharing your epiphany! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! And have a glorious time on your walk and on this journey! Love, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia---thanks for writing! Aren't we all having a glorious time in this journey. much love and light,

    ReplyDelete