Friday, February 11, 2011

For you mamas out there-I love you!

Mothers: What have you done for yourself today? How about starting with 5 minutes a day........just for you!

Just meditating and thinking about how taking care of ourselves is a good example to our daughters and sons. Our daughters because we don't want them to do the exact same thing we did and our sons because we want them to be strong but self reliant and a full partner to their fab girlfriends/wives.


I had my kids unloading the dishwasher at age 2....I put the dish cupboard on the lower shelves and they loved helping! I had them both doing their own laundry by age 8-10. When they were teenagers we had a list of choices of chores. My son chose to BAKE BREAD when he was 16. He is now 30 and he and his sweetie share the cooking. Our children need to know that they are fabulous and capable and that mama is not there just to serve their sweet selves.


It is so easy to get caught up in this old paradigm. Start small, but be strong. Tiny targets!

Anyway, diatribe of the day over. Been thinking about all of you sweet, wonderful, GORGEOUS goddess girlfriends of mine. This fits for all women! We are all trained to take care of everyone but ourselves!

Remember the oxygen mask, put yours on first!

Love and light to my sweet sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment